Beekeepers J Shape Hive Tool (Stainless Steel)
- Hook Shape that many find more effective for lifting frames than the standard flat hive tool (pry bar style).
- Brightly coloured handle that stands out if dropped while opening a hive (Especially useful while vision may be limited by a bee suit).
- Thin tapered end designed to slide gently between the lifts of the hive.
- Made of stainless steel for long lasting durability, no rust on your suit, in your hives or in your honey.
- Prying the lid off hives
- Separating boxes (supers)
- Loosening hive components such as frames
- Removing bur comb
- Scraping hive components free from beeswax and propolis
- Scraping debris off the floorboard.
- Scraping out stings.
- Simply washing away the honey with water when inspecting more than one hive reduces the chance of spreading bee diseases such as AFB and EFB which are easily transferred between colonies.
- For long-term care wash with warm soapy water and a soft brush or cloth. If time is of the essence, you can also use the dishwasher.
- Some beekeepers also sterilize their hive tools with a self-igniting torch.
- Maintaining your tools will ensure that they last well and stop the spread of bee diseases.