Uncapping Knife / Uncapping Tool
- The handle is offset from the blade for ease of use when uncapping frames.
- Durable stainless steel flat edged blade – sharp on both sides.
- Rounded wooden handle designed for comfortable grip.
- Food safe, resistant to rust and abrasion.
- Easy to sharpen.
- Fits between top and bottom bars of frame allowing room for a short cutting action
- For ease of use, many beekeepers have two uncapping knives on hand when working.
- Warm water can be used to heat and clean the blade of the knife between hives. This makes it easier to cut through wax and prevents the spread of certain bee diseases between hives.